Liberty Cab Driver Returns $4,000 Left in Backseat | News
BUFFALO, NY-- If it's true what they say about what goes around, comes around, then Liberty Cab driver Jim Hari has something good coming his way.
On Wednesday afternoon, Hari picked up Kevin Schojan from the Adam's Mark hotel. Schojan was on the way to the bank to make a deposit.
But before stopping at the bank, Schojan had the Hari drop him off in the Elmwood Villiage. It wasn't long after being dropped off that he noticed he was missing something.
Schojan realized he left his bank envelope filled with $4,000 cash in the backseat of Hari's vehicle. At that moment of panic, he determined he didn't even know the name of the cab company.
Trying to remember any detail about his cab ride, he soon remembered the collection of tiny taxi figurines that were on display on the dashboard in the cab. Schojan frantically started making phone calls.
After calling every taxi company in the phonebook, he was lucky enough to be directed back to Hari, and his cash was safe and sound still in the backseat.
Hari drove the bank deposit bag back to Schojan on Elmwood, containing the entire $4,000. To show his appreciation, Schojan gave both Hari and Liberty Cab each a $100 reward
Top Elmwood Stories
Upcoming Events near Elmwood
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Dog Seriously Burned in House Fire Needs Your Help
- Senator Grisanti’s Bill to Increase Number of Green Homes Built In NYS Passes Senate
- Roger Woodworth Nominated by Senator Grisanti for Veterans Hall of Fame in New York State Senate
- Erie Co. Democratic Chairman Calls Out Sheriff on NY Safe Act
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers