No Frills Buffalo Announces New Book, Book-signing Events | Arts & Culture
No Frills Buffalo, a publishing company founded by Western New York native Mark Pogodzinski, has released a new book, The Ramshackle Beards: A Rock and Roll Ghost Story, by author Jonathan Snekser of Buffalo.
The Ramshackle Beards tells the story of the unemployed Jim Patching, an interesting character who doesn’t have a job but does have an identity crisis, a ghost that follows him everywhere and an impatient fiance. Jim goes on to initiate a return-to-nature campaign, which includes building a tree fort in the woods where he can contemplate the failures of society in unemployed isolation. When others follow, things really start to get hairy!
The local publishing company also announced that Niagara Falls native Gabriel Gonzalez, author of the recently published Legend of the Phoenix: Rise of Crescent, will hold a book-signing event at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 10, at Suzanne’s Restaurant, 2843 Niagara Falls Blvd., North Tonawanda.
The Legend of the Phoenix trilogy introduces readers to deep plot lines with twists and turns in every chapter. You will come to love certain characters and despise others. Humorous characters will make you laugh, powerful characters will make you tremble a bit, and the main villain in the story shows a compelling, sympathetic side that you may even come to love. The conclusion of each book prepares you for a overall ending that will never be forgotten!
Additionally, author Amanda Dickerman of Amherst, author of Dennis is Different: A Story of Autism and Acceptance, will sign copies of her book on Saturday, July 14, at the One Small Step for Prader-Willi Syndrome event beginning at 9 a.m. at Chestnut Ridge Park in Orchard Park. Dennis is Different was written to provide parents and teachers with an opportunity to show that children with autism, although a little different, are still children.
Books published by No Frills Buffalo can be purchased online at www.amazon.com, www.powells.com, www.barnesandnoble.com, www.ECKO.com and www.nofrillsbuffalo.com. Several local bookstores also carry the No Frills Buffalo collection, including Talking Leaves; Dog Ears Bookstore; The Second Reader; Monkey See, Monkey Do; Lift Bridge Books in Brockport and Buffalo Street Books in Ithaca.
Top Elmwood Stories
Upcoming Events near Elmwood
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum -Special Hours for Memorial Day Weekend
- Catholic Charities to Host Domestic Violence Training Focusing on New York Model for Batterers
- Bespoke Men’s Line to Launch in Buffalo
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Dog Seriously Burned in House Fire Needs Your Help
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers