No Stoppin’ This Boppin’ Examines the Early Days of Rock ’n Roll in Buffalo | Business
No Frills Buffalo is proud to announce the release of its latest book, No Stoppin’ This Boppin‘ — Let the Good Times Roll, by Bob and Terri Skurzewski.
No Stoppin’ This Boppin’ takes a look back at the music scene in Buffalo from 1950 through 1964, when AM radio was king! Buffalo was home to many great DJs, and each interview in this book takes readers behind the scenes and shows how the broadcast industry worked, and how these DJs entertained with their on-air antics.
Readers will be delighted by references to hit-making groups, singers, songwriters and musicians of the era who talk about how it happened and how they enjoyed the ride. It was a glorious time in post-war America when everybody was under the spell of doo-wops, DJs and their favorite radio stations.
Books published by No Frills Buffalo can be purchased online at www.amazon.com, www.powells.com, www.barnesandnoble.com, www.ECKO.com and www.nofrillsbuffalo.com. Several local bookstores also carry the No Frills Buffalo collection, including Talking Leaves; Dog Ears Bookstore; The Second Reader; Monkey See, Monkey Do; Lift Bridge Books in Brockport and Buffalo Street Books in Ithaca.
No Frills Buffalo is currently accepting submissions from writers interested in being published. For more information, please visit www.nofrillsbuffalo.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow No Frills Buffalo on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NoFrillsBuffalo?ref=ts&fref=ts for frequent updates.
Top Elmwood Stories
Upcoming Events near Elmwood
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum -Special Hours for Memorial Day Weekend
- Catholic Charities to Host Domestic Violence Training Focusing on New York Model for Batterers
- Bespoke Men’s Line to Launch in Buffalo
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Dog Seriously Burned in House Fire Needs Your Help
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers