UB on the Green Tonight | Community Spirit
The University at Buffalo will launch its sixth season of UB on the Green, a free, three-week outdoor performance series on the South (Main Street) Campus, on Wednesday, July 11.
The music and dance performances will be held from 6-8 p.m. on July 11, July 18 and July 25 on UB’s Hayes Hall lawn on Main Street in Buffalo. The goal of this community program is to welcome neighbors to the UB South Campus and provide them with an opportunity to meet and get to know each other as they enjoy free entertainment in the South Campus neighborhood.
The series will kick off Wednesday at 6 p.m. with The Rockaz. This local band plays a unique blend of sould, ska, reggae, and funk.
The series will continue on July 18 with an appearance by Healing Hands Drum Journey. This group features musicians from America and Africa who will provide a traditional and contemporary “journey” in sound that includes traditional drum music from Mali and Senegal, modern Congolese music (N’dombolo) and even Jamaican reggae.
The series concludes July 25 with a performance by the original local jazz group Gruvology. This five-piece group mixes standard tunes with original compositions.
Attendees are encouraged to bring lawn chairs, blankets and a picnic to enjoy during the performances. Light refreshments will be available for sale. UB on the Green is an alcohol-free, family-friendly event. For more information contact UB Community Relations at 716-829-3099.
Top Elmwood Stories
Upcoming Events near Elmwood
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Dog Seriously Burned in House Fire Needs Your Help
- Senator Grisanti’s Bill to Increase Number of Green Homes Built In NYS Passes Senate
- Roger Woodworth Nominated by Senator Grisanti for Veterans Hall of Fame in New York State Senate
- Erie Co. Democratic Chairman Calls Out Sheriff on NY Safe Act
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers