Fashion Bug Clothing Stores Closing | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The Fashion Bug has been squashed.
The company that owns the low-price women's clothing store was bought out by Ascena Retail Group, who plan to close the stores for good.
More than 120 Fashion Bug stores were closed in 2011. The company, which also owns Lane Bryant, will close all Fashion Bug stores by early 2013.
Fashion Bug outlets in West Seneca, Amherst and on Elmwood Drive in Buffalo are all scheduled to close. It's not certain how many local employees will be affected.
Top Elmwood Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum -Special Hours for Memorial Day Weekend
- Catholic Charities to Host Domestic Violence Training Focusing on New York Model for Batterers
- Bespoke Men’s Line to Launch in Buffalo
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Dog Seriously Burned in House Fire Needs Your Help
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers