New Designs for Women and Children's Hospital | News
BUFFALO, NY - Women and Children's Hospital of Buffalo released early designs today for a new hospital on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus.
The designs for the 10-story, 430,000-square-foot hospital at the corner of Ellicott and High streets were submitted to the City Planning Board.
Hospital representatives say the current facility on Bryant Street is deteriorating every day, and that the new facility will improve the quality of care.
The new facility would also be located near the new Gate's Vascular Institute and the University at Buffalo's School of Medicine when it moves to the BNMC.
Current plans call for construction to begin in the spring of 2013, and for the project to be completed by December 2015.
Read more about the plans on wchob.org/bnmc
Top Elmwood Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Memorial Day Commemoration Features Military March
- Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum -Special Hours for Memorial Day Weekend
- Catholic Charities to Host Domestic Violence Training Focusing on New York Model for Batterers
- Bespoke Men’s Line to Launch in Buffalo
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers