National Attention for Buffalo Cash Mob | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The Queen City will be getting some national attention for a popular event meant to drive up business at local merchants.
A cash mob will take place Friday night at the El Buen Amigo on Elmwood Avenue near Allen Street.
The shop sells fair trade arts, crafts, clothing and coffee.
TIME Magazine will be there to profile the event.
Cash Mobs have been fairly successful here in Western New York thanks to Cash Mob Buffalo.
Followers Buffalo Cash Mob are being asked to spend anywhere from $10 to $20 to help promote local businesses.
Buffalo native Chris Smith has been recognized as the brainchild of this movement aimed at increasing the sales and popularity of this and other small businesses in Western New York.
Friday's Cash Mob at El Buen Amigo starts at 5:30 p.m.
You can follow Buffalo Cash Mob on Twitter @BuffCashMob.
Upcoming Events near Elmwood
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The Battle of Scajaquada Creek Bridge Commemoration August 3
- Drums Along the Waterfront to Offer Free Shuttle Bus Service
- Seven Local High Schools to Host Drums Along the Waterfront Corps
- Italian Festival starts Thursday on Hertel Avenue
- The Pasta Peddler, Blackbird Sweets to Occupy Larger Hertel Avenue Location