Albright Knox Celebrates 150 Years | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- They are celebrating a milestone: the 150th anniversary year of The Albright Knox Art Gallery in Buffalo.
The Gallery is kicking off the special anniversary year with two important annoucements.
First, the restoration of the Gallery's signature staircase that overlooks Hoyt Lake has been completed.
Second, the gallery has just been granted its 15 year re-accreditation with the American Alliance of Museums, another sign of the gallery's strength and reknown.
"One of the reasons our museum is so highly regarded internationally is the way we work, our history, our professionalism, which we are all proud of, and how we represent not only our city, our community, but also how we take care of and steward this great collection of modern and contemporary art," said Gallery Director Louis Grachos.
Mr. Grachos also announced the first phase of a new installation at the gallery that was a collaboration between the artists and 150 Western New Yorkers.
Upcoming Events near Elmwood
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The Battle of Scajaquada Creek Bridge Commemoration August 3
- Drums Along the Waterfront to Offer Free Shuttle Bus Service
- Seven Local High Schools to Host Drums Along the Waterfront Corps
- Italian Festival starts Thursday on Hertel Avenue
- The Pasta Peddler, Blackbird Sweets to Occupy Larger Hertel Avenue Location