St. Joe's 60-McKinley 58 | News
BUFAFLO, N.Y.-In a game played in front of a packaged house at McKinley, St. Joe's beat the Macks on a buzzer beater 60-58.
A pair of seniors were the top scorers for their teams. For the Macks # 14 Deonte Bell led the way with 14 points. For the Marauders # 30 Louis Oliveri was the top scorer with 14 points.
St. Joe's got the winning bucket from # 31 senior Mark Cerza. Cerza scored 6 of his 12 points in the fourth quarter. He was four for four from the free throw line in the quarter.
St. Joe's had five players in double figures. The Marauders were 14 of 17 from the charity stripe.
With the game tied at 58 St. Joe's missed its first two changes at the winning basket but finally Cerza got his shot to drop and St. Joe's had its two point win.
Marauders head coach Mark Simon told Two On Your Side's Stu Boyar "it was a grinders game. It was a great game for the fans. We hung in there at the end and were lucky enough to get the win."
St. Joe's improves to 4-1 on the season. They'll play their home opener Thursday against Middle College.
Top Elmwood Stories
Upcoming Events near Elmwood
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Memorial Day Commemoration Features Military March
- Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum -Special Hours for Memorial Day Weekend
- Catholic Charities to Host Domestic Violence Training Focusing on New York Model for Batterers
- Bespoke Men’s Line to Launch in Buffalo
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers