Future of Women and Children's Hospital | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - When Women and Children's Hospital moves to the medical campus in the next two years, the building left behind in the Elmwood Village will be the largest vacant site in the Elmwood area since World War II.
On Thursday night, Assemblyman Sean Ryan held a meeting to hear ideas from the public on how to make a white elephant into a white knight while keeping the reuse appropriate for the rebirth of the Elmwood Village.
Kaleida executives were in attendance and are currently working with the neighborhoods to accelerate the planning process.
Ryan said they are starting the process now to avoid a long-term vacancy after the hospital moves out.
He added that the future reuse is a great opportunity for the neighborhood and hopes Kaleida continues to work with the neighborhood.
The final decision on the reuse will be made by the Kaleida board of directors.
Upcoming Events near Elmwood
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FLAMES ACROSS NIAGARA Bonfire commemorating the burning of Black Rock & Buffalo 200 years ago
- Nichols School students sign letters of intent to play Division I and II sports
- GIFTS OF ART for the HOLIDAYS opening at Artsphere Studio & Gallery
- Senator Mark Grisanti Receives ‘Boys And Girls Town of Italy’ Man Of The Year Award
- Senator Grisanti Named ‘Men Moving Forward’ Award Recipient