Future of Women and Children's Hospital | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - When Women and Children's Hospital moves to the medical campus in the next two years, the building left behind in the Elmwood Village will be the largest vacant site in the Elmwood area since World War II.
On Thursday night, Assemblyman Sean Ryan held a meeting to hear ideas from the public on how to make a white elephant into a white knight while keeping the reuse appropriate for the rebirth of the Elmwood Village.
Kaleida executives were in attendance and are currently working with the neighborhoods to accelerate the planning process.
Ryan said they are starting the process now to avoid a long-term vacancy after the hospital moves out.
He added that the future reuse is a great opportunity for the neighborhood and hopes Kaleida continues to work with the neighborhood.
The final decision on the reuse will be made by the Kaleida board of directors.
Top Elmwood Stories
Upcoming Events near Elmwood
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum -Special Hours for Memorial Day Weekend
- Catholic Charities to Host Domestic Violence Training Focusing on New York Model for Batterers
- Bespoke Men’s Line to Launch in Buffalo
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Dog Seriously Burned in House Fire Needs Your Help
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers