Future of Women and Children's Hospital | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - When Women and Children's Hospital moves to the medical campus in the next two years, the building left behind in the Elmwood Village will be the largest vacant site in the Elmwood area since World War II.
On Thursday night, Assemblyman Sean Ryan held a meeting to hear ideas from the public on how to make a white elephant into a white knight while keeping the reuse appropriate for the rebirth of the Elmwood Village.
Kaleida executives were in attendance and are currently working with the neighborhoods to accelerate the planning process.
Ryan said they are starting the process now to avoid a long-term vacancy after the hospital moves out.
He added that the future reuse is a great opportunity for the neighborhood and hopes Kaleida continues to work with the neighborhood.
The final decision on the reuse will be made by the Kaleida board of directors.
Upcoming Events near Elmwood
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shark Girl Sculpture Unveiled at Canalside
- Tomorrow’s Youth Today Receives $610,000 Grant from Buffalo, Erie County Workforce Investment Board
- New DNC headquarters going up at breakneck speed
- Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino and Duff’s to Debut at National Buffalo Wing Festival
- BUFFALO RIVER FEST PARK HOSTS “HALFWAY TO ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARTY” ON SEPTEMBER 5TH