Elmwood Village New Zoning Impact | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - People in Elmwood Village got a chance to learn more about the city's new zoning rules, called the Green Code.
The Mayor's Office of Strategic Planning came up with the code, which outlines land use for development over the next 20 years.
The Elmwood Village is a neighborhood that's a mix of both residential and commercial properties. The city is looking to eliminate rules that prevent the development of mix-used neighborhoods and make it easier for businesses to buy and develop property.
"The first step is the public process that we're going through here today and talking with people who were part of the process before," said Brendan Mehaffy, Executive Director of the Mayor's Office of Strategic Planning. "[The plan is] designed to have zones in districts and corridors - that's how we divide up the city - based upon the neighborhoods. We're trying to build on the positives and address the weaknesses."
We're told businesses that exceed 2500 square feet will be grandfathered into the new zoning law.
One of the things you might have noticed already as part of the green code is more bike lanes on city streets.
You can read the city's entire green code posted online on their website.
Upcoming Events near Elmwood
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FLAMES ACROSS NIAGARA Bonfire commemorating the burning of Black Rock & Buffalo 200 years ago
- Nichols School students sign letters of intent to play Division I and II sports
- GIFTS OF ART for the HOLIDAYS opening at Artsphere Studio & Gallery
- Senator Mark Grisanti Receives ‘Boys And Girls Town of Italy’ Man Of The Year Award
- Senator Grisanti Named ‘Men Moving Forward’ Award Recipient